358. Verbs in -νῡμι show the simplest form of μι- present (paradigm, 360).
- The final stem vowel is long in the singular of the active indicative present and imperfect, and in the 2nd singular of the active imperative; elsewhere it is short.
- The endings are unchanged: -ᾱσι and -σαν are used in the active 3rd plural; -θι is omitted.
- The infinitive active takes -ναι and accents the penult (296.a).
- The active participle accents the final vowel of the present stem (170).
- The subjunctive and optative follow the ω- conjugation. Sometimes the indicative also follows the ω- conjugation.
359. The other verbs of this class are the following, which see in the Verb list.
(a) Vowel verbs: κεράννῡμι (mix), κρεμάννῡμι (hang), πετάννῡμι (spread), σκεδάννῡμι (scatter), σβέννῡμι (quench), ῥώννῡμι (strengthen), στρώννῡμι (spread).
(b) Liquid verbs: ὄλλῡμι (lose, destroy), ὄμνῡμι (swear).
(c) Mute verbs, in -γ: ζεύγνῡμι (join), μείγνῡμι (mix), πήγνῡμι (fix), ῥήγνῡμι (break)
360. Δείκνῡμι point at